Sorry this isn't working as expected in the app!
1. Have these MIDI interfaces ever been recognized by the SeeMusic app?
2. Are the MIDI interfaces successfully recognized by other applications?
3. Can you please send a screenshot of what the Input Settings window currently looks like in the app?
Thanks you so much for your rapid answer to my questions! Very much appreciated!
Here are the answers to your questions:
1. The MIDI interface has never been recognized by the SeeMusic app.
2. Yes, the MIDI interface was successfully recognized by Garage band (version 10.3.4) without any problem.
3. Screen shot
4. The background you see in the screen shot is a video that I have uploaded from my computer featuring me playing piano. I don't know how to get rid of it.
Version 2.5.3 is now available from the App Store - could you please update before proceeding?
After updating, if the problem persists, can you please email the Log File to email@example.com?
The Log file on MacOS is located at:
~/Library/Containers/com.VisualMusicDesign.SeeMusicUnity/Data/Library/Logs/Visual Music Design/SeeMusic/Player.log
To easily get to this folder, use the GO menu at the top of the Finder, and select GO TO FOLDER, and copy that address into it.
Thank you for sending the logs!
Nothing is clearly going wrong in the logs....
Could you please check that you've given SeeMusic Camera and Microphone permission? This could potentially cause an issue with detecting Inputs of all kinds.
Open up System Preferences - Security & Privacy - Privacy tab
Click Microphone, and make sure that the box next to SeeMusic is checked
Click Camera, and make sure that the box next to SeeMusic is checked
Does that resolve the issue?
I have followed your instructions to go to System Preferences - Security & Privacy - Privacy tab, but I can't find neither camera or microphone there. Please the screen shot.
Any suggestions for me?
Sorry! I just remembered that was a feature that was introduced in macOS Mojave.
Is there a reason you can't upgrade to at least macOS Mojave? It could likely fix this issue.
It's a pity! My macOS 10.13.6. High sierra is the highest version that I can use for my computer. In order to upgrade to macOs Mojave, I will need a new computer.
incompatible with high sierra need to downgrade now.. no old version available
Should I downgrade High Sierra to Sierra? Is it what you mean "need to downgrade now"? Thanks a lot
No only the visualizer
@Frederic Vendetti Where can I find SeeMusic version 2.4? I have tried 2.5.2, 2.5.4 and 2.7.1, they don't recognise my USB midi interface.
Me neither. Didn't find any old version where did you find version 2.5.2?
In App Store. Now this version is gone as well.