Hi there, I've been using SeeMusic for a while now and every since the last few updates it has been running slower and slower, now it's running so slow I can barely use it. The video and midi files take so long to actually appear on the program as you can see in the below video. I'm using a 2019 Macbook pro 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 11.5.2 version, so I don't think it is the computer. Please help.
top of page
bottom of page
Thanks for that. I also just noticed that when I use SeeMusic in fullscreen it seems to run faster, not sure why but just thought I'd let you know. Thanks for all your help
Try compressing the file using H.264 in Handbrake or Apple Compressor to reduce file size
Thank you for your prompt reply.
I have narrowed the issue down to the movie file. What specific video media is best?
I currently use mov files are about 800mb on average.
The first thing to try would be to:
- Open up the Sample Pieces save file
- Load one of the pieces without video - like Moonlight Sonata
- Switch the notes to 2D
- Disable all of the visual effects in Effect Settings
At that point, is the app still running slow?
1. If it is, it most likely is the computer.
2. If it is running fast, then the issue is either:
- A specific effect that you had enabled
- Or the specific video media you are using
What is the result of that test?